
In my previous image I had the array of units and it was a little tough to see whee the connections stood. I made a rendering of the single unit. you can see the connecting items a little better than before.
The Red Material, was a cut out out of a three foot sphere, so it has a minimal amount of concavity. I wanted the Red Material to be like a mesh. For some reason I though about a shield. Maybe its due from playing Medieval II Total War (awesome game by the way).
Below is the screen shot of my rhino file. It will get you a better understanding of how the connections work. What I like mainly about the piece is the that the pieces create new shapes
within the voids. Both of them, when connected, create circular voids. It goes back to the creation of the skin, i used a circle to subtract volume from the core. I even used a sphere for the green parts.
No comments:
Post a Comment